Third Eye Detox
When I first learned that fluoride concentrates in the pineal gland (also thought to be the location of the third eye), it set me on a path of learning. I had heard of the third eye and the pineal gland as well, but had no idea what they really were.
The research began:
I thought it fitting that when I sat down to write a third eye detox, I had already had two iced mochas and chocolate cake from a local coffee house. My head was all over the place, and I could not even get started. I doubt the fight or flight response of caffeine works well with your third eye. In fact, I am willing to bet they are opposites. Perhaps we can get into that in a future article.
Today I am going to stick with how to detox the pineal gland. Many believe that the pineal gland is synonymous with the third eye (I don‘t know yet), or the center of psychic activity and intuition. Regardless of it’s function, I believe most people would rather have a fully working brain than not, so let‘s do this.
So why detox the pineal gland in particular?
The Pineal gland resides just outside the “blood / brain” barrier, which makes it susceptible to concentrations of things that cannot pass. It may even be one of the brains filters for that very purpose. The pineal gland is said to have the highest concentrations of fluoride in the body. For those of you that think that fluoride is a GOOD thing, please do a little research of your own.
The downside of having a poorly functioning pineal gland, is that the pineal gland has so many important functions. If it is “calcified” with a buildup of calcium, fluoride and other deposits, it will not work as it should. This could lead to some serious problems, even if you do not believe in “the third eye”.
Known functions of the pineal gland:
- Serotonin – Within the pineal gland, the hormone serotonin (neurotransmitter) is acetylated and then methylated to yield melatonin. Serotonin has many important functions in the body. It directly or indirectly effects appetite, emotion, motor skills and other important bodily functions. It even looks like the serotonin effects ALL types of behavior from empathy to schizophrenia.
- Melatonin – Serotonin is a precursor to melatonin. In short, melatonin effects sleep and sleep cycles. If your pineal is calcified, it is likely to result in poor sleep or getting tired at the wrong times of day.
How do I perform a third eye detox?
1. Stop drinking tap water. Tap water not only contains fluoride (in most us cities), but has many other toxic substances. See my article on the best water for more information.
2. DO NOT take calcium supplements.
Your body does not know what to do with them and will store them in joints and other areas of the body. If you are having calcium the way it was intended from nature, you body understands it and can either use it, or push it out. so if you believe you need more calcium, find foods that will do this. Bone broth would be my best recommendation.
3. Stay away from chemical products such as fluoride toothpaste and aluminum containing deodorants. If you cannot eat what you put on your body, do not use it.
4. Drink plenty of good, clean water with organic lemon. A lemon detox diet would be fabulous. This may be the best third eye detox with the additions I have made.
6. Do the above and add in exercise. Yoga has become very popular for a reason. It does a variety of amazing things for your body and mind. I suggest doing the above steps and adding a Bikram session to your third eye detox
7. Heavy Metal Detox – this is a VERY important step. Now that you have been cleaning your body up, you can start to remove the tough stuff. When you get to this point you will start seeing huge differences in your perception. Just remember to keep the water intake high as you don’t want those metals being re-absorbed.
Optional: Some say that sungazing has a variety of helpful effects to the body. I personally love to sungaze the last 5 minutes of the sun going down, while grounded to the earth as much as possible. Grounding is scientifically proven to reduce inflammation in the body, and it sure seems to put me in a better place. Better yet if I am doing yoga just before (Thanks Mel).
Please use the feedback form below and give me some of your thoughts on the third eye detox. Thanks for reading.