This is going to be a hardcore straight up article to compare the
Blendtec Total Blender Wildside
I offer both blenders on our site. Why? Because they are the two best blenders on the market that I know of.
Both Vitamix and Blendtec are fantastic blenders.
I chose the Vitamix #1 for these simple reasons:
- Resale value – Even the older model Vitamix Blenders sell for near the original purchase price. People know they last forever, so you will always find a buyer, or pass them on to the next generation.
- The plunger – Although you may not always need it, the plunger or “tamper” really comes in handy when something gets stuck to the side of the container. Blendtec does not offer this upgrade.
- 7 year warranty on parts – The best in the business. The great thing about the Vitamix is, you will probably never need it.
- Smaller container base – If you want to do small jobs, the Vitamix is the better choice. Although you can get the Blendtec with a smaller base, I don’t advise it, as it has trouble blending so many things without a plunger.
- Variable speeds – The Vitamix has a much greater range of speeds than the Blendtec. It is also more precise.
Reasons for choosing the Blendtec:
- Counter space – The Blendtec is MUCH smaller (15.5” vs. 20.5” in hight).
- Weight – The Blendtec is about 4 lbs lighter, so, if you will be taking it on trips, it may be a better choice.
- Programming – If you want to turn it on and walk away, the Blendtec has some pre-programmed blends.
- Noise – The Vitamix is noticeably louder than the Blendtec.
Use this link for the Blendtec Total Blender Wildside
Things to think about
There are differences some people will point out such as Amps, Watts, and HP. I have honestly not seen any of this to matter between these two products. Nor has anyone shown us that it matters in the least.
Both of these blenders will pay for themselves in food costs within a few years. You will also tend to eat healthier as it is just so much easier to do so. This site is packed full of awesome superfood recipes for you to use with either blender. And they both come with great recipe books to begin with.
Thank you for reading our Vitamix reviews article. I hope it has helped you on your decision.
I want to hear your feedback on both the Vitamix Reviews, or any blender you love. Please take a few seconds and fill out the feedback form below.